Photoshop is an image editing application which will let you add numerous effects in your photos. You can also add rain effect in Photoshop. There are several different ways for creating rain in Photoshop and one of the simplest method is to add Noise filter. You can also learn How To Create Leopard Fur Effects in Photoshop. For adding rain effects in your images in Photoshop quickly you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you have to create a new layer and for that you have to click on New Layer icon at the bottom of layers panel.
- You can also add new layer by clicking File>New>Layer from top menu.
- Now click Edit>Fill and then set the “Use” drop-down to 50% gray.
- Now you have to name the new layer as Rain.
- Now select Windows>Styles from top menu.
- Once Style panel is opened you have to click the small arrow at the top right of Style panel.
- Now select Image Effects from drop down menu.
- Click on Append in the dialog box. This will add a new collection of icon to your Styles panel.
- Now click on the rain icon which is a grey icon which appeared in Image Effects.
- Now change the blend mode to Overlay and for that you have to click on layers panel and modify Blend Mode dropdown menu from Normal to Overlay.
- Now in the next step you have to adjust rain appearance and for that Pattern Overlay words have appeared under the rain layer.
- Click on Pattern Overlay and a new menu will open here you have to reduce the opacity and change the scale of the layer.
- Now you will notice that by default the rain will fall at 45º and it can be modified by rotating the layer.
- For modifying the rain angle you can use Free Transform.
- Now the rain effect is almost added but it can be enhanced further by adding a new layer in the foreground.