With this tutorial you will learn how you can create blueprint that has been based on your desired photo. In order to create a blueprint effect you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you have to open your desired image from File menu.
- Now you need to select Image>Adjustment>Black & White.
- Now go to the filter option rested in toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Select Filter>Stylize>Find Edges. This will generate the basic outline look which will form the blueprint effect.
- Now you have to invert your image and for that you have to select Image>Adjustment>Invert.
- Now the color level has to be adjusted for making the edges more sharp. For this you have to go through Image>Adjustment>Curve. Now you have to adjust it till the point your image become black & white.
- All photographs includes some unwanted areas which you don’t want to be part of your blueprint drawing. For removing these portions you need to use Pen Tool to trace around the subject.
- Now right click and select Make Selection.
- Now select Layer Mask which is rested at the bottom of the layers panel for isolating the subject against transparent background.
- Now create a new layer as well as drag it below the main image layer.
- Now fill this layer with dark blue color.
- Now modify the blending mode of the image layer to Screen for rendering the black background transparent.
- Now double click on the image layer and add Stroke layer Style.
- Modify the settings to 5px, inside, screen and set the opacity level to 100%.
- Add a new layer and then turn off the visibility of your background.
- Now the next step is to create a new layer and then fill it with the blue shade of your choice. Then select Linear Dodge.
You can also learn How to Make Yourself Thinner in Photoshop.