Adding text in your image is not a rocket science while using Adobe Photoshop. With just few clicks you can easily add text into your images and can make posters and brochures etc. Now when you try your hand on aligning the text along a curved path or in simpler words wrapping the text, it will require some knowledge and in this tutorial you will learn how to bend text in Photoshop. You can also learn about Selection, Crop and Slice Tool.
For bending text in Photoshop you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to open an existing file or create a new document.
- Go to the File menu and click on Open for opening an existing file or click on New for creating a new document.
- Now you need to click on the Pen Tool (Pen Tool is an icon which is shaped like a nib of a fountain pen located near the bottom of toolbar)
- Pen Tool can also be accessed by simply typing in the letter P from keyboard.
- Now you need to click on Path. Path is located in the drop down menu next to the pen icon.
- Now you have to create the start point of the curve and that can be done by clicking anywhere on the layer currently selected.
- Now create the endpoint of the curve and for that you need to again click on the layer.
- Once the endpoint has been defined a straight line will be created between the two points.
- Now create the anchor point by clicking on the middle of the line created.
- Now you have to curve the line by pressing and holding Ctrl key and click on the drag the anchor point until the line has been made at the same arc where you want your text to bend.
- Now click on the Text Tool (Press T from your keyboard to access the Text Tool).
- Click on the curve at the point where the text should be started.
- Now type in the text which you want to be as a bended text.