Photoshop is an application which can be used for creating some stellar images. For that you can work in layers and can put in numerous things in your photos and the end result will be an impressive image. In this tutorial you will learn how to create a layer mask which can be used for revealing or concealing various different parts of other layers. You can also learn How to Quickly Add Rain Effect in Photoshop. For creating a mask layer you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you have to open an existing document or have to create a new document.
- In the next step you have to click on the layer which you required to mask. The layers windows is situated at the lower part of the application.
- Now you have to select the area which you want to remain visible. For this you can either use a Marquee Tool or a Pen Tool.
- Marquee Tool is a dotted line icon which is situated near the top of Tool Menu. You can long press Marquee Tool in order to reveal all the Marquee Tools in drop down menu.
- Pen Tool is like a fountain pen nib icon in the Tool Menu. Long click on the Pen Tool for revealing all the Pen Tool.
- Now click on the Add Layer Mask icon, it is a light gray rectangle which has got a dark gray circle at the bottom of the Layers window.
- Now if you are using a Pen Tool for drawing the selection click on the icon one more time once the title changes to Add Vector Mask.
- Now save all the changes you have made and for that you have to click on the File in menu bar and then click on Save from the drop down menu.