With Photoshop you can create innumerable effects in your images and one of them is Rain effect. You can create rain effect easily through Noise option and there are many other methods for creating rain effect in your photos. You can learn How to Quickly Add Rain Effects in Photoshop. For adding highly adjustable rain you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you have to create new and black layer and for that you have click on File>New>Layer.
- Now use Edit>Fill and then use setting of the layer to Black and then click OK.
- Make sure that the layer has been set to Mode Normal and set the opacity to 100%.
- Now you have to add the Noise filter and for that you need to use Filter>Add Noise.
- Now set the amount to 25% for creating moderate rain.
- Now change the distribution to Gaussian and check the monochromatic box.
- After this click OK.
- Now change the scale the the rain that has been added. For that click on Edit>Transform>Scale.
- Now set the width as well as the height to 400%.
- Set the blend mode option to Screen. The Blend Mode is in the layers panel which is set to Normal by default and change it to Screen.
- Now add motion blur and for that you have to select Filter>Blur>Motion Blur.
- Now set the distance value to 50 pixels and click OK.
- Now add a levels adjustment layer for modifying the brightness as well as contrast of the rain layer.
- Now click Image>Adjustments>Levels and then right-click the layer and select Create Clipping Mask.
- Now adjust the levels by opening Windows>Properties in the top menu.
- Set the black to 75 and white to 115.
- Now you have to make final adjustments and for that you can use following commands Filter>Distort>Ripple or you can use Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur.